This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options. FOR PROGRAM COSTS, see Program Costs link in left margin.
There are currently no active application cycles for this program. Applications will be accepted through "APPLY NOW" button, which will appear above, Nov 2 to March 3 and for Declarations of Intent Oct 10 to Nov 1.
DECLARATION OF INTENT & APPLICATIONS to Study Abroad - NOW ONLINE
The Declaration of Intent (DOI) is dueNovember 1, 2013.
Students who want to study off-campus next year (2014/2015) on a semester or year-long program will follow a two-step process:
1. Online submission of a Declaration of Intent by November 1, 2013
2. Online submission of a Program Application by March 3, 2014
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO SUBMIT A DECLARATION OF INTENT:
(1) Browse Programs at http://stolaf.studioabroad.com/
(2) Attend the Off-Campus Programs Open House on Wednesday, October 9, 4:30-6:30, Black &
Gold Ballroom. All Program Advisors/Directors and 2014/2015 Field Supervisors will be present.
(3) Attend Interest Meetings for some programs:
• Term in Asia: Tuesday, Oct. 22, 4:30-5:30 pm, Buntrock 142
• Global Semester: Wednesday, Oct. 23, 4:30-5:30 pm, Viking Theater
• England, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, Australia programs:
Tuesday, Oct. 23, 7:00-8:30 pm, Buntrock 142
(4) Create a Declaration of Intent (DOI) between the dates of October 10 to November 1. This is done by selecting the Declaration of Intent program and clicking the “Apply Now” button
(“Apply Now” button will only appear Oct. 10 to Nov. 1 for DOI)
(5) These are the steps involved in completing a Declaration of Intent:
• Choose up to 3 programs, in rank order. It will be necessary for you to list at least one spring semester program.
• Provide a short written statement presenting the rationale for your choice(s). Address these questions:
How will the program you want to do build upon your academic studies so far?
How will it enrich your academic or career goals, or connect to your notable interests?
What steps will you take to prepare yourself for the program (e.g. courses or activities?)
• Request approval signature electronically from your academic advisor.
• Pay a $50 non-refundable Declaration of Intent Fee. Further instructions are available on the Declaration of Intent application page.
• Electronically sign the Declaration of Intent Agreement.
All of these steps must be completed by November 1, 2013.
Full program applications will be available for online submission November 2, 2013 to March 3, 2014 through “Apply Now” button on individual program pages.
*Submitting a Declaration of Intent signifies a serious commitment. If you cannot make a decision in the fall to submit a declaration, you can still prepare a full application in the spring. However, those who have submitted declarations will be given preferential consideration in the review process and stand a better chance of avoiding a cap on enrollment, if that becomes necessary.